Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Excellent coordination and help during the move process. We had many questions prior to our move, and the team was always willing to help us."
G.B., June 2015
- "Bernard, our driver, was excellent to work with!! He explained the processes perfectly and worked very hard to accommodate all of our needs. He was flexible in his delivery schedule and really made us feel like he was there to make sure we had the best experience possible. Both the packers at the beginning and the un-packers on delivery were excellent as well. They were super-fast and handled our belongings with care. My wife and I couldn't have asked for a better moving experience and for people that have moved before....it can be STRESSFUL. This was stress-free and easy. Thank you Armstrong! And thank you Bernard, our most excellent driver!"
J.W., June 2015
- "We had excellent communication. I will recommend Armstrong to my friends."
M.A., June 2015
- "Our driver did an excellent job of keeping the crews on task. Very reliable!"
P.M., July 2015
- "Our coordinator was very courteous, professional, and had excellent communication. Our driver was a hard worker, very professional, sensitive to our needs and on time. Thanks for a good move!"
E.J., July 2015